Bioseutica, the global leader in lysozyme, has developed Entegard®, an innovative range of products designed to overcome the challenges of livestock RWA (Raised Without Antibiotics). Administered via feed or drinking water, Entegard® helps to maintain healthy gut flora and gut barrier function by sustaining the structural integrity of the intestinal wall through its direct and natural antibacterial activity. This leads to optimum nutrient absorption with a positive impact on the health and development of livestock. The Entegard® formulations are designed to provide protection and restore microbiological balance.
Lysozyme is its active component. Entegard® is the perfect solution for the antibiotics withdrawal period for swine and piglets and helps producers to overcome the challenges associated with (ABF) antibiotic-free production.
- Entegard® is ideally suited for antibiotic-free (ABF) swine operations
- Entegard® sustains the health and development of swine
- Entegard® helps to maintain a healthy small intestine microbiota
- Entegard® leads to optimum nutrient absorption
- Entegard® supports the animal defenses against gram-positive and negative bacterial challenges.
- Entegard® promotes the clearance of microbial debris and boosts the immune system in swine.
Entegard® is easy to use!
In the water-soluble and encapsulated formulation, Entegard® offers the choice of application via drinking water or as feed. For scientific articles and publications about the advantages of using Entegard® in poultry, please refer to the literature section of this website.
Relevant EU regulation for ENTEGARD®:
Regulations may vary according to the country. Always check the local legislation regarding the claims and usage of this product. ENTEGARD® falls under producer identifying number: NL210707 (according to article 9 of EU Regulation 183/2005).
- Yuying Wu, Bei Cheng, Longxiang Ji, Xiangyun Lv, Yingying Feng, Liu’an Li, Xin Wu, Dietary lysozyme improves growth performance and intestinal barrier function of weaned piglets, Animal Nutrition, 2023 | Publisher Site
Oliver WT, Wells JE, Maxwell CV. Lysozyme as an alternative to antibiotics, improves performance in nursery pigs during an indirect immune challenge. J Anim Sci. 2014 Nov; | Publisher Site
Wells JE, Berry ED, Kalchayanand N, Rempel LA, Kim M, Oliver WT. Effect of lysozyme or antibiotics on faecal zoonotic pathogens in nursery pigs. J Appl Microbiol. 2015 Jun; | Publisher Site
May KD, Wells JE, Maxwell CV, Oliver WT. Granulated lysozyme as an alternative to antibiotics improves growth performance and small intestinal morphology of 10-day-old pigs. J Anim Sci. 2012 Apr | Publisher Site
Oliver WT, Wells JE. Lysozyme as an alternative to growth promoting antibiotics in swine production. J Anim Sci Biotechnol. 2015 Aug 13 | Publisher Site
Oliver WT, Wells JE, Maxwell CV. Lysozyme as an alternative to antibiotics improves performance in nursery pigs during an indirect immune challenge. J Anim Sci. 2014 Nov | Publisher Site